Access violation problem

From: Lorna M Campbell <lmc@strath.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 10:18:05 +0000
To: html-tidy@w3.org

I recently upgraded my version of HTML Kit to build 280 which comes with
Tidy version 22-Oct-99.  When I try to tidy certain files both Tidy and
HTML Kit hang and I get the following error message:  Access violation at
address 01451607 in module HTMLTIDY.DLL.  read of address FFFFFFFF.  I am
running Win 98, if that's relevant.

This problem does not occur on all files but it does occur on several files
which I had successfully validated using the previous version of HTML Kit
and Tidy.  I had found the previous version of Tidy to be an extremely
useful tool so I'd be grateful if you could suggest what the problem might

Lorna M. Campbell            3.26, Sir William Duncan Building
Multimedia Developer        Strathclyde Graduate Business School
VOTE Project                   Tel:  0141 553 6068