Re: Yet another table related bug

On Thu, 28 Oct 1999, Terry Teague wrote:

> As an FYI, I ran the above code through the Mac OS version of Tidy (22 Oct
> 99), and it produced the following without crashing (that's not to say
> there isn't a bug there).

That is interesting. I run same version of tidy on Linux platform
and it crashes. I shoud have included error messages as you did:

> MacTidy (vers 19th October 1999) Parsing "Work:FilterTop:Filter
> Code:MacTidy:bug reports:table problem.html"
> line 7 column 1 - Warning: missing </font> before <dl>
> line 7 column 1 - Warning: trimming empty <font>
> line 8 column 1 - Warning: <table> lacks "summary" attribute
> line 8 column 1 - Warning: missing <dd>
> line 9 column 1 - Warning: missing <tr>
> line 9 column 1 - Warning: discarding unexpected <table>
> line 9 column 1 - Warning: <hr> isn't allowed in <> elements
> line 10 column 1 - Warning: missing <td>
> line 14 column 1 - Warning: </table> isn't allowed in <hr> elements
> line 14 column 1 - Warning: discarding unexpected </table>

Tidy (vers 19th October 1999) Parsing "koe4.html"
line 7 column 1 - Warning: missing </font> before <dl>
line 7 column 1 - Warning: trimming empty <font>
line 8 column 1 - Warning: <table> lacks "summary" attribute
line 8 column 1 - Warning: missing <dd>
line 9 column 1 - Warning: missing <tr>
line 9 column 1 - Warning: discarding unexpected <table>
line 9 column 1 - Warning: <hr> isn't allowed in <(null)> elements
line 10 column 1 - Warning: missing <td>
line 14 column 1 - Warning: </table> isn't allowed in <hr> elements
line 14 column 1 - Warning: discarding unexpected </table>

"koe4.html" appears to be HTML 3.2
10 warnings/errors were found!

HR -element seems to have null value at its parent pointer. The MacOs
version doesn't seem to know its parent either, but it doesn't
crash.

What differences there are between Mac and Unix-source? Does MacOs version
have some patches that are not present in Unix version?

---
Mr. Jussi Vestman
An IT student at Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland