RE: TIDY for PHP3

From: Richard Allsebrook <Richard.Allsebrook@easysoft.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 09:50:55 +0100
To: "'Dave Raggett'" <dsr@w3.org>, Richard Allsebrook <Richard.Allsebrook@easysoft.com>
Cc: "'Justin Farnsworth'" <jef@eyeintegrated.com>, html-tidy@w3.org
Oops, sorry for the typo - I was typing strait into the email.

My only specification for tidy and PHP is that tidy completely ignores <? ?>
and <?php ?>  tags!  No formatting, entity translation, indenting/pretty
printing - exactly the same as when it does when it encounters a
<script></script> block.

I am intrigued to your solution for the <? mapping to &lt;?  I use TIDY
exclusively though HTML-Kit and the documentation provided is non-existent
:-(  Do you have any information on how TIDY is incorporated into HTML-Kit
and what files I need to change to include this option?

Thanks again for the ever excellent TIDY.  I have no problems with its HTML
parsing (apart from it adding a cr/lf after a <TD> which breaks the
appearance of some tables) and I'd be the first to admit PHP integration is
a little strange.

I personal don't mind moving over to <?php ?> for inline tags if it would
make the parsing simpler.

Richard Allsebrook
Webmaster - Easysoft Limited
http://www.easysoft.com <http://www.easysoft.com>
* No 3 the Embankments, Leeds LS1 4BJ, UK
*+44 0113 2220400