Re: TrimEmptyElement(): don't remove empty TR, imply required TD instead

At 6:58 PM -0700 8/21/99, Terry Teague wrote:
>At 12:16 AM -0700 8/16/99, Terry Teague wrote:
>>At 6:13 PM -0500 8/15/99, Advocate wrote:
>
>>>MacTidy outputs these errors (only because it is the platform edition
>>>most available to me at the moment):

>>>elimination of empty rows.">
>>
>>>(Hmm, I seem to have found a bug in MacTidy 1.0b2, specifically that
>>>trailing slash in the summary.  That can't be right, can it?  No, it
>>>isn't being inserted by my mailer, I've double-checked that already.
>>
>>Well you have apparently found a bug (I reproduced it here) - the question
>>is it Mac OS specific? I don't modify the guts of Dave's code, so the only
>>thing I can think of platform specific line termination library code
>>causing a problem.
>>
>>Would like to see what happens on other platforms.
>
>I have now confirmed this bug occurs also on other platforms (specifically
>in my case, I ran the 26 Jul 99 version of "tidy.exe" under Windows95 with
>VirtualPC v2.1.3 on my Mac).

Just to followup - this is NOT a bug. Tidy's pretty print splits up long
strings (e.g. "Demonstration of HTML Tidy's erroneous elimination of empty
rows.") across lines, using a "\". This appears to be valid HTML - i.e. if
you run the output described above through Tidy again, it finds no
problems; also I tested in Netscape, and it was happy.

Regards, Terry