Re: disappearing framesets

In article
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/html-tidy/1999JulSep/0128.html>,
"Leon Gierat" <leon.gierat@TardisMobile.com> wrote:

> I seem to have a problem with framesets - HTMLTidy removes them!

Because you can't have <FRAMESET> inside <BODY>.

Interesting though that it did supply the DTD for HTML 4.0 Frameset
(so it recognized it as a frameset document) yet eliminated FRAMESET
(which is legal for such a document) and not BODY (which is illegal
for such a document).  If there is a BODY tag, it must be enclosed
with NOFRAMES, which in turn is enclosed in a FRAMESET tag
(preferably the outermost).

What options were you running under?  If you were running it under
clean, remember that under strict HTML 4.0 there are no such things
as frames.

> P.P.S. Can you please reply to me personally as I cannot join this mailing
> list.

Carbon-copied back to the list.  You can also read the list via the
web in its public archive without subscribing.  See:

	<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/html-tidy/>.
--
          ,=<#)-=#  <http://www.war-of-the-worlds.org/>