Anyone had success with mailing list archive retrieval by EMail?

From: Terry Teague <teague@macbroker.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 13:34:39 -0700
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Sorry to bother the list with this. Although I have been reading the
mailing list archives via the web, I was hoping to be able to retrieve them
via EMail, as per the instructions in the mailing list subscribe help. I
have tried everything I can think of, but all requests come back with "No
such file or directory".

Has anyone on the list successfully retrieved archives by EMail? If so,
what are the magic words?

Regards, Terry