Tidy request

From: Jelks Cabaniss <jelks@jelks.nu>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 16:20:12 -0400
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>
A lot of the authoring tools automatically generate, for example, <I> and <B> in
place of <em> and <strong> (MS FrontPage 98 generated the latter, but FP2000 has
reverted to the former -- with no option to change or set it).  It would be
handy if there were a "replace-elements" option to obviate the need for Perl,
XSL, or a text editor's search-and-replace function.  Something like:

	replace-elements: i, em; b, strong

PS.  I suppose it would have to be attribute-aware, though.  Given an XML input
fragment of

	<foo bar="5" />

and a config file containing

	new-empty-tags: foo