Making Tidy into a library call

From: Douglas Cook <cookd@cs.byu.edu>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 11:22:14 -0700
To: Tidy <html-tidy@w3.org>
I will soon begin work integrating Tidy into a larger program that I am
working on, using it to convert existing files into XHTML for input into a
database.  I'm working in MS VC++ 6.0, buiding for a multiprocessor Windows
NT platform.  Has anyone else converted Tidy into a library?  Any
recommendations or things to be aware of?

I've only looked over the code for a minute or two; the real work won't
start until after the holiday.  But I guess the obvious questions are these:

Am I spinning my wheels (i.e. has someone already done this that could share
some of their experiences with me)?

Which portions of the initialization/uninitialization are "Init once/uninit
once" and which are "init before each file is parsed/uninit after?"

I guess the rest of it will be plug-and-chug, and I have no problem with
that (hey, that's what I get paid for...)

Thanks to those involved in Tidy development.  It is a great program that
does exactly what I need it to do.

Douglas Cook - MCP
mailto:cookd@cs.byu.edu