Re: Request for Tidy to ignore 'user defined' tags

Rick Jelliffe has been asking for such a feature in greater generality.
Until it is put in, may I suggest a work around?

Using Perl, AWK, or even (God forbid) sed, make two filters.
The first to convert your (Tango's) processing instructions into <span>
tags.
e.g. <@include file> becomes <span class="tango">include file</span>
The second script should invert this process.  Wrapping tidy in these
scripts should get you where you want to go today.

--
Eric