URI for XHTML DTD output by tidy

From: Steinar Kjærnsrød <steinar@infostream.no>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 15:02:07 +0200 (MET DST)
To: html-tidy@w3.org
I'm new to this list today, so I can not follow up on the previous message
by Brad Simpson on May 11 reporting this (bug?).

The URI output by tidy is

The correct URI should probably be

At least, there is a DTD for XHTML 1.0 at this URI.

Documents cleaned and translated into XHTML  by tidy fail to pass the
validating services at validator.w3.org because of this bad URI.

It is trivial to correct this in the lexer.c file in the tidy
distribution though. The same goes for the namespace URI, which probably
should be

My guess is that these URIs changed as of the release of the newest WD of
May 5th?

Steinar Kjærnsrød <steinar@infostream.no>
InfoStream AS