Re: Tidy seems to duplicate </BODY> instead of removing it

Dave Raggett wrote:

> I succeeded in being able to infer a noframes element and in
> moving the trailling body inside the noframes, and in placing
> the new noframes within the outer frameset. The fix is part of
> the April 15th release.

So there's more trouble to come... ;-)

This is my testfile:

<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>noframes inside body</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
This is some text, intended to be seen inside a frame most of the times with
a navigation-bar in the other frame.<HR>
<NOFRAMES>
This text (e.g. some navigation-links) should only be seen, if there is no
frameset to host it.
</NOFRAMES>
</BODY>
</HTML>

These are Tidy's error-messages:

Tidy (vers 15th April 1999) Parsing "body-noframes.html"
line 7 column 1 - Warning: inserting implicit <BODY>
line 8 column 1 - Warning: discarding unexpected </NOFRAMES>
line 10 column 8 - Warning: missing </NOFRAMES>

"body-noframes.html" appears to be HTML 4.0 Transitional
3 warnings/errors were found!
(...)

this is the file Tidy produces:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>noframes inside body</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
This is some text, intended to be seen inside a frame most of the times with
a navigation-bar in the other frame.
<HR>
<NOFRAMES>
<BODY>
This text (e.g. some navigation-links) should only be seen, if there is no
frameset to host it.
</BODY>
</NOFRAMES>
</BODY>
</HTML>

I'm not shure if my example _is_ valid html, some documentations say so
(e.g. <http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/frames/noframes.html> )
and MSIE 4.5 and iCab understand it.

But at least: That "correction" makes things worse. It produces a <body>
inside a <body>. And if first in't valid second is even less.

But Tidy sais:

"body-noframes.html" appears to be HTML 4.0 Transitional
no warnings or errors were found

So I took that construction out of my webpages (for now) to be able to use
Tidy...

Thanx for Tidy,
greeting, Michi
--