Re: Question about restitution of aria-describedby

Thanks a lot for your answers Marc and Nick.

But I am still confused. I read the Accessible Name and Description
Computation, §4.2
<https://www.w3.org/TR/accname-1.1/#mapping_additional_nd_description>
and §4.3 <https://www.w3.org/TR/accname-1.1/#mapping_additional_nd_te>,
and I still don't see anything about the case where the description is
properly hidden with aria-describedby or aria-hidden=true.

And when I read the description of aria-hidden attribute in the WAI-ARIA
1.2 doc <https://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-1.2/#aria-hidden>, it is clear
that the hidden text is not supposed to be exposed to an accessibility API.

Does anyone have a specific doc about this case? It still appears to me
as a bad practice to link a description to a text with aria-hidden=true
or display:none. But it seems it works, so maybe it is supposed to be
working. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Armony