Re: Question about restitution of aria-describedby

It also has a strong use case, that hidden text is not announced - so you can switch it by changing the display property value with JavaScript to control which (of several) texts should be read - for example depending on user input - to name just one example. Especially because we have CSS styles to effectively hide texts only visually. For me this is a very inconsistent approach and I really hate it.

But it is, like it is and that's how we have to use it...

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Marc Haunschild - he / him - #gernPerDu
Prüfstelle im BIK-BITV-Prüfverbund

Marc Haunschild Accessibility Consulting
Sonnenhof 32
53119 Bonn

Telefon: 0170 8 64 00 63
Web: https://Accessibility.Consulting https://mhis.de