Re: 2.4.7 Focus Visible

Hi Patrick,

I completely agree, once :focus-visible becomes fully supported by
browsers, and by fully supported I don't just mean the pseudo class, I mean
the user agent heuristic control, it will be a solution that meets
everyone's needs.

As long as developers don't turn it off because they consider they have to
support keyboard users.

On Wednesday, July 19, 2023, Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
wrote:

> On 19/07/2023 18:53, Michael Livesey wrote:
>>
>> The reason chatGPT gave the answer it did about the importance of focus
for pointer interaction, is because that is the conclusion of research
article after research article. What suits one person, e.g. keyboard use,
does not suit another person who may equally need and desire a focus ring.

> Which is why :focus-visible, coupled with browser settings to explicitly
enable this (already in Chrome/Edge, upcoming in Firefox, needs lobbying
for Safari) will be the most sustainable solution as it will work in tandem
with personalisation...