RE: SOAP 1.1 request-optional-response http binding

How can you "know"?  202 says you can't know.

And how can you preclude the response being "the" soap response?  We are
dealing with soap 1.1 which has no sense of MEPs.  All we can talk about
in a SOAP binding is the constructs that soap 1.1 gives us.

WS-A goes on top and says if you are doing request-response using
non-anonymous aka 2 different http connections, then the response must
be on a separate http connection.  I think that is the right layering of
dealing with "responses".

>From the very latest ws-a soap binding spec:
When "http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/anonymous" is not specified
for the response endpoint, then the message SHOULD be part of a binding
that supports not returning a SOAP envelope in the HTTP response. Any
response message SHOULD be sent using a separate connection and using
the address value specified by response endpoint.

Cheers,
Dave

by email and then delete it.