RE: Issue 59 alternate proposal

Marc,

I have one clarifying question since I need to read this again more
carefully.

Our proposal specifically defined how the request-response would use two
distinct HTTP connections, 202, etc.  I think this is crucial to specify
somewhere as this behaviour is probably the only concrete agreement that
we got as a result of the Async TF and the interaction diagrams are now
part of the test suite documents, etc.

I did not see in your proposal where this behaviour would be specified
since your target is to specify the Async mechanism in a protocol
independent way. I definitely want to see the protocol specific
behaviour that we can standardize and agree on. In my opinion, leaving
it as part of the test suite but not putting it in the spec would be a
grave mistake.

I am wondering whether you are suggesting that we should leave this
completely out of scope or integrate it part of the specification, as we
have done it in our proposal, define the semantics for SOAP 1.x/HTTP
(covering the wire requirements for ii, and iii in particular). Since
your proposal did not specify the sections in the WSDL binding it would
change, I could not assess this whether this is intentional or not or
whether you were intending to add SOAP 1.x/HTTP specific behaviour to
clarify how Async element would specificly work in the context of SOAP
1.x/HTTP binding.

As I have said many times before, I am not opposing extensibility, but I
would have a very big problem with losing the definition for the wire
level requirement.

Thanks.

--umit