Re: WSA SOAP Binding minor editorial issues

On Mar 10, 2005, at 6:53 PM, Jonathan Marsh wrote:

>>> 7) Section 5 says: "The [action] property below designates
>>> WS-Addressing
>>> fault messages: http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/addressing/fault".  But as
>>> we're (unfortunately) not defining that URI we should illustrate a
>>> different [action] value.
>>>
>> We can define an action URI for the messages we define (the SOAP fault
>> ones), I think this is OK as is but we might want to define individual
>> actions for each fault we define rather than using a single action for
>> all of them - a new issue ?
>
> I am perfectly OK with it, since it provides the functionality I asked
> for, and was refused, in i049.  At the same URI no less!  Multiple URIs
> is also fine but I can live without it.

There's a key difference between the status quo and your proposal for
i049. The status quo defines an action URI for the faults defined by
WS-Addressing. Your proposal for i049 (IIRC) was to define a generic
fault URI that can be used with any application fault no described in
WSDL and to also use that URI for the fault defined by WS-Addressing.

With the status quo I can inspect the action URI and determine the type
of fault (or at least that it pertains to WS-Addressing usage). With
your proposal the action URI would have just said that the message was
a fault.

Marc.

---
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com>