From: Jonathan Marsh [mailto:jmarsh@microsoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 1:38 PM
To: Srinivas, Davanum M; public-ws-addressing@w3.org
Subject: RE: i008 [was NEW ISSUE: Marking RefProps/RefParams using
attributes]

It's not clear to me whether recording the history of each header is a
problem unique to WS-Addressing.  Does the principle involved also imply
that other automatic mechanisms for creating messages need similar
treatment, e.g. headers inserted as a result of reading the WSDL vs.
headers inserted by the client or somewhere else along the path?  At
what point do we stop the bleed of metadata into the message?

All that said, if you remove the <wsa:RefPs> element from the proposal,
it looks way better than the alternative proposals to me.

There are the downsides you refer to (schema-validation, signing) but
those appear to be manageable.  It keeps the generated headers as true
SOAP headers, participating in the SOAP processing model, including
targeting the headers via @actor/@role and marking them individually as
@mustUnderstand.  The wrapping proposals put forward to date lose this
ability.

This proposal looks like the most promising way forward on this issues
to me.