Re: Using the validation service to validate XHTML

On Wed, 2001-09-26 at 14:14, Julian Payne wrote:
> It would appear that the validator can no longer be used to validate XHTML?
> When I try to validate XHTML it says that the DOCTYPE is not in its catalog.
> When I look in the catalog there are no entries for XHTML.
>
> Can you confirm that this service can not be used anymore for XHTML or is
> there some other service?

Our test cases for XHTML still work. Can you provide an URL for an XHTML
document that does not appear to work for you?

(BTW, a common mistake is to forget that the DOCTYPE Declaration is
case-sensitive; you need "html" in lower-case, and similarly correct
case in the FPI. The right version can be found the XHTML
Recommendation.)