Re: Referer validation errors

[  Testing a new email client. Yell if there are any problems. ]

On Mon, 2001-09-24 at 20:25, Kynn Bartlett wrote:
>  >This is what happens when a referer link to the validator is
>  >followed by someone using a browser that does not send proper
>  >referer information. It attempts to validate what is essentially
>  >an empty document.
>  >
>  >Liz
>
> Is Liz correct, and if so, why is this the behavior of the validator?

AFAIK, this is not the behaviour of the Validator. It certainly isn't
the _intended_ behaviour of the Validator. IOW, if this is truly how it
behaves then it's a bug. If you can provide more details (exact URL and
browser name+version+platform) I'll try to replicate it and, if
necessary, fix it.

> Should it do something different if there is not sufficient
> information given to attempt validation?

Yeah, it should. Our error handling is pretty disgracefull ATM. Fixing
it is on the TODO, but I haven't got a round tuit yet.