Re: Validation as a Browser Plugin for MSIE

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Terje Bless wrote:

> On 16.09.01 at 22:33, Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:
>
> >Following a suggestion from a 'net colleague, we have written a
> >script that works with the XMLMessageReporter to produce a
> >validator that is altogether more compact than the existing
> >services.  It is offered as a browser extension for MSIE, and
> >when installed it makes "Validate" (the current page) an option
> >on the right-mouse-click menu.
> >
> >The URL is <URL:http://valet.webthing.com/ie/>, and is still considered
> >a prototype.  Please test-drive.  As ever, comments and suggestions
> >are invited.
>
> The concept is so cool I'm positively _panting_ to try it out. :-)
>
> However I couldn't get it to work in MSIE 5.5 on W2K NO. It flashed up what
> looked like a script error dialog for half a second but then it disappeared
> again and nothing happened. Could it be that it only works with the US
> version of W2K or MSIE? Or did I goof up somewhere obvious?

Is there anything better than a suitably tailored:

javascript:window.open("http://validator.w3.org/check/referer?"+document.location.href);self.load(location.href);

in a bookmark on your browser window for netscape/mozilla?

L.

probably works in IE too, though I wouldn't know.

<L.Wood@surrey.ac.uk>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>