Re: SVG badges

* Terje Bless wrote:
>On 27.07.01 at 05:05, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote:
>
>>   Quite a while ago I asked for somebody making SVG versions of the
>>Validator Icons. No one did. I did! :-) At least it is a first try.
>>Actually it's my first SVG image ever ;-) You may have a look at it at
>>
>>  http://www.websitedev.de/svg/vxhtml11.svg
>>  http://www.websitedev.de/svg/vxhtml11.svgz
>
>Woah! Tres Cool! Collect _major_ Cool Points from Fonzie. :-)

Yeah! I can make great use of everything cool, it's about 32°C in my
room. Any free air-conditioning service around in northern-germany?

>Here's what it looks like on my box
><URL:http://newsreaders.com/~link/bjorn.png>. It's using the Adobe SVG
>plugin in Internet Explorer Mac (and display depth is just 8bit; so don't
>worry if the colors look funny).

Well, the left part should be _white_ not black. The current SVGViewer
for Win32 displays it quite correct, Amaya fails horribly. It should
look very similar to the original image.

>Beers (or beverage of your choice) are on me if we ever cross paths IRL!

I'm sure I'll remeber this :)

>>PS: I suggest to add support for image/svg+xml; it's rather annoying to
>>    use the file upload feature to circumvent the MIME type checks...
>>    No, it's currently not registered at IANA, nor is there some
>>    internet draft for this approach, unfortunaly...
>
>Is there a W3C Rec. that sez to use image/svg+xml for this?

Section 1.2 of the SVG Proposed Recommendation.