Re: W3C HTML Validation Service Results are failing on good pages

On Friday, July 6, 2001 at 14:46, wilson@claborn.net (Jonathan Wilson)
wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is the correct place to send this or not. My
> apologies if it is not.
>
> I am trying to validate a few pages and I have found that the Validator
> is acting funny. I haven't used it in a few months, so maybe I've
> forgotten, but I don't remember ever running into these bugs before.
>
> The error is, it complains about a lack of closing tags on all brakes
> (br tags), and also for img. I have never used ending tags for br or
> img, and in fact I have never seen a page that does use endings for
> those tags.

My guess is that your pages have an XHTML doctype and that the validator
is correct. If you can provide a reference to a page that generates these
errors we'll be better able to evaluate the problem and determine whether
or not this is a bug in the validator or the HTML.

--
Christian Smith  |  csmith@barebones.com  |  http://web.barebones.com

He who dies with the most friends... Is still dead!