Re: Need Help: How to put big documents on the Web

Vai;

I suggest using Adobe Acrobat PDF format, with the byte-server
extensions for your Web server.  The viewer is freely available.

See http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/main.html

			Henry

Vai Roberto originally wrote:

> Hello,
> I need to put on Internet / Intranet big documents (even more then 100
> pages long) that will be read and also printed by the users.
>
> I'm looking for some tools (or rules) that can be useful in structuring
> and editing those documents to reach the following objectives:
>
> *	Be able to split the document in more Web pages.
> *	Automatic generation of table of contents and related links to
> all the pages and to each intra-page heading.
> *	Automatic insertion in the document of useful intra-page links
> to give the possibility to the reader to go directly to the next or
> previous chapter avoiding to scroll many pages.
> *	Easy updating of the fixed parts that are present in all the Web
> pages  belonging to the same document (Updating of Logos, Copyright
> string, etc..).
> *	Easy downloading (by a single request) of all the pages that are
> members of the same document.
> *	Pretty document print-out, as close as possible to the quality
> we can achive by the mean of an word processor.
>
> Thanks in advance for your interest in my questions.
>
> Roberto Vai

Henry E. Thorpe (908-949-1615/6604)
AT&T WorldNet Hosting Planning and Development, Content Operations
thorpe@lynxhub.att.com, hethorpe@attmail.com, Henry.Thorpe@worldnet.att.net