ANNOUNCEMENT: Tcl plugin 1.0 final release available

Sun Microsystems Labs Inc. is pleased to announce that the Tcl plugin 1.0
final release for Netscape Navigator 3.0 and Microsoft Internet Explorer
3.0 is available. The plugin is free for personal use.

The release is available at

	http://www.sunlabs.com/tcl/plugin/

Tcl is a mature, robust and safe scripting language, and Tk provides a
powerful UI and structured graphics toolkit for Tcl. With Tcl and Tk
you can create graphical applications with a fraction of the effort
required using other systems.

The Tcl plugin allows you to deliver rich graphics and UIs backed up by
powerful scripting facilities right in your web page. Visit the demos at
http://www.sunlabs.com/tcl/plugin after installing the plugin and see
for yourself how much functionality you get for very few lines of code!

The Tcl plugin is available for these platforms:

	* Solaris 2.4 and later (Sparc and X86),
	* SunOS 4.1,
	* Windows 95, Windows NT 3.51 and Windows 4.0, supports Netscape
	  Navigator 2.02 and up, and Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0,
	* MacOS 7 (both 68K and PPC are supported),
	* Linux (ELF support),
	* SGI IRIX 5.3 and up,
	* HP/UX 9.* and up,
	* Digital Unix (OSF/1)

In the future we may make support available for more platforms, and Windows
3.1x support is high on our list of "desirables".

The plan is to quickly move onto the release cycle for version 2.0 of the
Tcl plugin. There's a page (http://www.sunlabs.com/tcl/plugin/plans.html)
that describes the plans for the 2.0 release and for the future of the
plugin. Read it and suggest any missing features that you'd like to see, by
email to:

        jyl@eng.sun.com