Re: Re:

I've trimmed the CC: list significantly.

> I have noticed many web pages using <DL><DD> or sometimes <BLOCKQUOTE>
> for indenting a block of text. How bad is this usage?

I'd say it's pretty broken. You have no guarantee how those things
will be rendered; in fact, my favorite browsers render <BLOCKQUOTE> in
italics (which is one of the recommended renderings in RFC 1866). In
other words, you've guessed wrong, and made things come out possibly
looking funny and being hard to read.

Of course, if you guess RIGHT, then you've taken the line length I've
set for optimum ease of reading, and changed it - thus making things
harder to read.

If you used BLOCKQUOTE to "indent" a large body of text for some
reason, then your HTML doesn't do what you want it to, and you've
pretty much failed. If you use it to mark a short section of text as
special in some way, then your HTML does what you want, and you've
succeeded.

	<mike