HTTP protocol regarding form elements order

Hi,

Sorry to disturb you guys but I'm pretty concerned about the HTTP specs
regarding the order in which form input is returned to a cgi program. Is
it *necessary* that the form elements should always be returned in the
same order as they were present in the original HTML document? I need this
info desperately as it would dictate the parsing methodology I use when I
process input from a POST query.

For eg if I have several input text fields say

<input type=text name=a>
<input type=text name=a>
<input type=text name=a>

and the user enters for each in order b c and d, will HTTP require that
the values returned to me would be of the form :

a=b
a=c
a=d

in that order?

Thanks for putting up with this query? But I need the info pretty badly...

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Sincerely,

Niranjan Ramakrishnan
Grad Student,