Re: custom authentication functions

On Wed, 27 Mar 1996, Marc Salomon wrote:
> Lastly, not all authentication schemes are based on the login/passwd model.
> Some only have a single cryptic password.  It would be cool to specify the
> number of authentication terms required for a custom scheme so that users are
> not confused by being prompted with boxes they should ignore.

I agree. The ideal would be to provide a realm, a title of some sort, and
a list of prompts to take in values. "Basic" would then default to the
prompts of username and password with a title "Basic authentication" or
some such. The ability to configure some realms in the system as going
thru CGI and others being done more efficiently would also be good.

--
 Darren New / Dir. of Custom Software Design / First Virtual Holdings Inc.
Anyone can buy and sell information over the internet for real money TODAY!