  • From: www-talk-d-request@w3.org <www-talk-d-request@w3.org>
  • Date: 16 Jan 96 09:43:23
  • Subject: ww-talk-d Digest V96 #5
  • To: ww-talk-d@w3.org

Forwarded message 2

  • From: www-talk-d-request@w3.org <www-talk-d-request@w3.org>
  • Date: 16 Jan 96 09:43:23
  • To: ww-talk-d@w3.org
www-talk-d Digest				Volume 96 : Issue 5

Today's Topics:
	 QUESTnet '96
	 RE: URL Expansion proposal
	 Re: URL Expansion proposal
	 Re: URL Expansion proposal
	 Re: URL Expansion proposal
	 RE: URL Expansion proposal
	 Re: URL Expansion proposal
	 RE: URL Expansion proposal
	 Re: URL Expansion proposal
	 Re: URL Expansion proposal
	  RE: URL Expansion proposal
	 Re: URL Expansion proposal
	 Re: URL Expansion proposal
	 Re: URL Expansion proposal
	 Re: URL Expansion proposal
	 URL Expansion proposal
	 Re: URL Expansion proposal
	 Re: URL Expansion proposal
	 Re: URL Expansion proposal
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 17:02:58 +1000 (EST)
From: Mike Whalen <Mike.Whalen@jcu.edu.au>
To: QUESTnet 96 Prelim Mailist <aarnet-contacts@aarnet.edu.au>,
        aiwg-res-des@aarnet.edu.au, anews-l@scu.edu.au,
        ascilite@cutl.city.unisa.edu.au, ateach-l@scu.edu.au,
        clarcomm@durras.anu.edu.au, CWIS-L@WUVMD.WUSTL.EDU,
        gov-net@nic.state.mn.us, hyperbole@cs.brown.edu,
        link@charlotte.anu.edu.au, resodlaa@usq.edu.au,
        ti-ops-contacts@telstra.net, Web4Lib@LIBRARY.BERKELEY.EDU,
        www-announce@www.cern.ch, www-its@its.csiro.au, www-l@scu.edu.au,
        www-talk@www0.cern.ch, WWW-VM@SJUVM.STJOHNS.EDU
Subject: QUESTnet '96

QUESTnet '96 -- the Conference for Network Managers and Practitioners

        PRELIMINARY NOTICE

This serves to advise that the 1996 QUESTnet Conference and Workshop
will be held at James Cook University in Townsville, North Queensland,
Australia, from Wednesday, 3 July to Friday, 5 July 1996.

At this stage, we envisage the program commencing on Wednesday morning
and concluding after lunch on Friday to allow travellers to return home
on that day.  There will also be an informal function on the Tuesday
evening for those arriving the day before the Conference starts.

On-campus lodgings in student accommodation have been arranged.  For
the less adventurous, a selection of hotels and motels is within easy
driving distance.

        TOWNSVILLE -- THE CAPITAL OF NORTH QUEENSLAND, AUSTRALIA

The weather in July is usually fabulous -- av. 25 deg max, 14 min with
a very low probability of rain.  WHY NOT PLAN TO TACK ON A HOLIDAY TO
THE CONFERENCE?  There is much to see and do in and around Townsville.

More details will follow later.

PLEASE MARK IT IN YOUR DIARY NOW!!!  3-5 JULY 1996!!!  MAY NEED TO
TRAVEL TO TOWNSVILLE 2 JULY!!!

E-mail:  Mike.Whalen@jcu.edu.au      Telephone National:  (077) 81-4195
Assistant Director, User Services         International: +61 77 81 4195
James Cook University                FAX       National:  (077) 81-5230
Townsville   Qld   4811                   International: +61 77 81 5230
Australia                                     Time Zone:        Z + 10h