Re: It's the gnomes (Was: Re: URL Expansion proposal)

I just think we should leave the URLs like they are.  There are so many possible suffixes and prefixes (country codes, com, net, edu, www, ftp, http:, https:, shttp:, etc.) that this asterick idea is useless and only adds to the complexity.  If the URLs really need to be simplified, a whole new locating system should be used and not just a mask over an existing one.

Sincerely,
  Dustin Vaught ....a.k.a.... the "Web Devil"