Re: User authentication

At 6:37 AM 5/29/95, Martin Hamilton wrote:
>e.g. students in a public access lab being required to supply a valid
>user name and password to a local "authentication server" before the
>browser will allow them to send mail or post news.  The authenticated

On the mail side I believe there is a POP3 extension which allows sending
mail. Since POP requires a password that might meet your needs. However I
suspect you'll have trouble convincing browser authors to support a feature
that has a rather restricted domain like that.

Kee Hinckley      Utopia Inc. - Cyberspace Architects    617/721-6100
nazgul@utopia.com                               http://www.utopia.com/

everyone else's.