From: Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>
To: Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group <public-apa@w3.org>, ARIA <public-aria@w3.org>, CSS WG <www-style@w3.org>
Cc: Chris Lilly <chris@w3.org>, Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>, Rossen Atanassov <ratan@microsoft.com>, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>, Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Subject: CSS Accessibility Task Force commissioned
Date: Fri, Sep 30, 2016 8:29 AM

At last week's joint meeting between APA, ARIA, and CSS at TPAC I took an action to set up some infrastructure for the CSS Accessibility Task Force:

https://www.w3.org/2016/09/20-css-minutes

This is now done. Key resources:

Some of the above may evolve as work progresses, particularly specific GitHub repositories or deliverables, but for now the above repository is where the task force can track issues. Participants in the task force are automatically subscribed to the mailing list.

I added people to the task force who I could pick out of the minutes of last week's meeting. If you'd like to participate in the task force and don't see your name in the participants list above, just let me know and I'll add you.

Next steps will be for the WG chairs to pick facilitators for the task force, editors for initial deliverables, and then for it to begin work. Activity around that will take place on the public-css-a11y mailing list to start; this message to the groups is just to let everyone know it's up and running.

Michael