Re: CSS Title Capitalization

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 6:15 AM, Jens Oliver Meiert <jens@meiert.com> wrote:
> We had a number of these suggestions [1,2] and as far as I (vaguely)
> remember the issues with such a feature are language-related. Someone
> on the group may be able to summarize or have a pointer.
>

> [1] https://www.google.com/search?q=site:lists.w3.org%20www-style%20text-transform%20sentence%20case
> [2] https://www.google.com/search?q=site:lists.w3.org%20www-style%20text-transform%20title%20case

Yup.  Basically: you can't do it *at all* without knowing the language
that the text is in, and you can't do it even with the language
information, for some languages, without a lot of complicated rules.
English has it pretty easy here.  It's a ton of effort and
complication for something that won't even work for most content
(since most content isn't language-tagged), and so not really worth
pursuing.

~TJ