Static pages

Hy,

I am planning to use a database to manage a huge catalog (text and photos)
accessible through a Web server. All the pages will be created dynamically.
Each time the user requests information, the resulting Web page is created
on-the-fly.

What I would like to do, as system administrator, is to create the Web
pages dynamically ONCE, and to save them automatically. Thus I will have a
set of static web pages that were dynamically created.

The idea is to create a catalog which will be distributed on a CD-ROM. All
the Web pages for the catalog will be created dynamically from the database
at a given moment and then the entire collection of web pages will be
transferred to the CD-ROM for distribution.

Does anyone know of an appropriate database and gateway technology that can
generate the pages dynamically and save them as static HTML pages ?

Thanks,

Eric JONVILLE

SYCOMORE
31, Place des Corolles
Cedex 31 - 92098 Paris La Defense France
Tel : 41-26-46-79 Std : 41-26-46-46 Fax : 41-26-46-47
Email : Eric.Jonville@sycomore.fr   WWW : http://www.sycomore.fr