Choosing a Database

Could you advise on selecting a database for a Web application?

I am developing a Web application that will store user requests
containing multiple text strings. I estimate the number of requests to
reach the 100 thousands and each record would be approximately 2k in size.
The text fields average 512k each.

The database should have good text search functions as well as an
efficient way of locating records based on their text content.

I don't know what other things to consider in this type of application,
please make any suggestions you feel are important.

Thanks for your help,
David Dumaresq                                	| email: david@kwantlen.bc.ca
Programmer/Analyst, Info. Systems & Computing   | phone: (604) 599-2120
Kwantlen University College, BC, Canada    	| fax:   (604) 599-2068

           "The world is one country and mankind its citizens."