any multidatabases?

Hallo,

As a new subscriber to this list, I have a burning question.

In Holland we are exploring new ways of making university research
information (project-titles, names of institutes, titles of publications, of
up to 14 universities) accessible through WWW/Gopher.

It seems there are two ways of doing that (apart from creating one central
database, ofcourse):
- creating WAIS-databases with indexed text-files, and
- creating WWW-gateways to relational databases with research information.

We are searching for examples of these two options. So far I have found only
examples of WAIS-text-searches. Do you know any existing examples of
multidatabases (preferably under Oracle) accessible by WWW?

Roel.

drs. Roel D. Bennink   Vereniging van Samenwerkende Nederlandse Universiteiten
Informatiebeleid VSNU  Association of Universities in the Netherlands
Leidseveer 35          tel.: 030 - 363834
Postbus 19270          fax : 030 - 333540
3501 DG  UTRECHT  NL   e-mail: bennink@vsnu.nl
http:/www.surfnet.nl/vsnu