Re: Looking for a Proxy

Basil McCrea KOI <mccrebsi@koi.ina.de> écrit :

> I'm looking for a caching http proxy with access control i.e. I want to
> be able to limit who, or at least which systems, can access the
> Internet. We are presently using the Cern 3.0 proxy but I can't get
> it's access control to do what I want:-(
>
> Does anybody know of such a beast?

The best caching proxy available at this time is Squid:

   http://www.nlanr.net/Squid/

It can do access control based on domain name or IP address.

For access control based on user, you need a proxy that supports
HTTP/1.1. My company has developped such a tool, but it is integrated is
our firewall software, which may not be what you want.

--
Marc Baudoin              | e-mail    <Marc.Baudoin@hsc.fr>
Hervé Schauer Consultants | WWW       http://www.hsc.fr/