How to extend MathML?; was RE: LeftRightArrow equivalence operator?

Hello,

Can I follow up this question?
Sorry if this is a FAQ, sorry I suspect this is an XML question and not a
MathML question.
I might as well 'fess up I added an equivalence operator by editting the
MathML.dtd,
adding a few lines in the vacinity of the definition of the implies
operator,
and it worked for me, but I'm not proud of myself.
I'm guessing this approach will cause some to cringe.
Is there a better way?
The MathML spec says you guys expect folks working in a particular domain to
extend MathML by using the XML entity "include" mechanism, and I'm doing
that, too,
but can I add an content mark-up operator to MathML using the XML entity
"include" mechanism?
Content expression is defined as a closed formula inside the MathML dtd.
How do I sneak an operator in there without an edit?

Thanks,
Hugh

snip