Re: New software coming soon

> I have a version of TtH in testing that outputs MathML from TeX.
Problem
> is in testing it, especially since there isn't even a standard for
> embedding it in HTML.

You may test it with Robert's WebEq, not thinking about embedding MML in
HTML.

WebEq some times disappoints me with smth like

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0 >= 0
 at java.util.Vector.elementAt(Vector.java:316)
 at webeq.schema.MO.size(MO.java:101)
 at webeq.schema.Box.layout(Box.java:541)
 at webeq.schema.Box.size(Box.java:562)
 at webeq.schema.MRow.size(MRow.java:47)
 at webeq.schema.MStyle.layout(MStyle.java:47)
 at webeq.schema.Box.size(Box.java:562)
 at webeq.schema.MRow.size(MRow.java:47)
 at webeq.schema.MStyle.layout(MStyle.java:47)
 at webeq.schema.Box.size(Box.java:562)
 at webeq.schema.Box.layout(Box.java:541)
 at webeq.editor.EEquation.redraw(EEquation.java:276)
 at webeq.editor.EEquation.InsertBox(EEquation.java:438)
 at webeq.editor.EditorFrame.eqInsertEquation(EditorFrame.java:523)
 at webeq.editor.EditorFrame.eq_load(EditorFrame.java:562)
 at webeq.editor.EditorFrame.init(EditorFrame.java:160)
 at webeq.editor.EditorFrame.<init>(EditorFrame.java:121)
 at webeq.editor.Editor.<init>(Editor.java:20)
 at webeq.editor.Editor.main(Editor.java:8)
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0 >= 0
 at java.util.Vector.elementAt(Vector.java:316)
 at webeq.schema.MO.paint(MO.java:278)
 at webeq.schema.MRow.paint(MRow.java:65)
 at webeq.schema.MRow.paint(MRow.java:65)
 at webeq.schema.Box.paint(Box.java:618)
 at webeq.editor.EEquation.redraw(EEquation.java:312)
 at webeq.editor.EEquation.InsertBox(EEquation.java:438)
 at webeq.editor.EditorFrame.eqInsertEquation(EditorFrame.java:523)
 at webeq.editor.EditorFrame.eq_load(EditorFrame.java:562)
 at webeq.editor.EditorFrame.init(EditorFrame.java:160)
 at webeq.editor.EditorFrame.<init>(EditorFrame.java:121)
 at webeq.editor.Editor.<init>(Editor.java:20)
 at webeq.editor.Editor.main(Editor.java:8)

but I hope it is fixed already in the new version.
Robert, do you need bug reports on version 2.2 ?

> Amaya has been my test-bed so far. However, its implementation is
still
> very partial.
_VERY_  partial. You may try the attached file with Amaya.

> A major problem is with entities. There are so many of them.
> This is a big mistake, I think, unless renderers are going to be able
> render them all, a practical subset will have to be settled on.

I don't think so. I also have problems with those entities, but I think
MML should
accept _every_ UNICOD entity (e.g. Cyrillic). The problem I have is that
there is no
(is there?) complete UNICOD font with all 2^16 (actually  < 2^16)
characters.
Currently my reader skips entities which are not supported with our
font, but I think
the better way is to show nearest character (e.g. for DDotrahd use
RightArrow).

> Any volunteers to provide me with rendering engines to test the
output?
I spoke with my Boss, and, probably, I will make available
some short version of our program to test your output and to test my
reader/writer.
But it will not be earlier then in a week.

Kostya
Konstantine S. Serebriany          SoftLine Corp.
Mathematical software developer    Research & Development dept.
Tel. +7(095)9160393                Bolshoy Trehsviatitelskiy Per. 3/13
Fax. +7(095)9160393                Territory of MGIEM; Rooms 409, 418
e-mail: kcc@miem.edu.ru            WEB: http://www.softline.ru