Re: MathML in HTML

At 9:03 AM 3/18/98, "Russell Steven Shawn O'Connor" <roconnor@wronski.math.uwaterlo wrote:
>I'm a little confused as to how MAthML is embedded in HTML.
>I would expect that one would use the OBJECT element of HTML.

Unfortunately this is not yet standardized; it is beyond the scope
of the Math WG to decide, being an aspect of HTML rather than of
MathML. We are expecting that a general method of embedding XML
data in HTML will be standardized as part of some future version
of HTML, and MathML will be able to be embedded using that method.
Until then, methods such as use of the OBJECT element will have to do.

See Chapter 7 for what little we can say about this so far.

>How does Amaya expect MathML to be embedded in HTML?

Someone else will have to answer that question.

- Bruce Smith
<bruce@wolfram.com>