Re: HTTP Server problem

"Kim Liu" writes:
> I have some problems with the HTTP server that I can't really pin down. After

> fixing the "100 Continue" reply status problem, I seem to be able to get the
> MiniServ to work with ComLine most of the time. However, I can't get lynx to
> work with MiniServ at all. Lynx seems to be able to receive the HTML file fro
> MiniServ but the connection can't terminate properly. Looks like lynx is
> waiting for MiniServ to send something but MiniServ thinks it's done. Does
> anyone have problems like this?

It's probably because Lynx doesn't support persistent connections. The
Miniserver doesn't actually close the connection. The HTTP client in the
Library does not need the close of a connection to register a request as
terminated - it uses the content-length, multipart mime transport coding, or
chunked encoding.

Henrik
World Wide Web Consortium, MIT/LCS NE43-356