Re: http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Library/Implementation/windows/msvc_40.mak does not exist?

Vu Nguyen writes:
> I tried to retrieve the "msvc_40.mak" file by clicking onto the above link and got the below response:
>
> Error 404
>
> Not found - file doesn't exist or is read protected [even tried multi]
>
> I compilled the libwww into DLLs,  tested it with example "libapp_1.c", and the example bombed when I tried to execute it (:
>
> Has anyone successfully built the libwww 4.0B and tested the example programs with MSVC 4.0?

You caught me at a bad moment - I was just generating a new distribution
package with updated Windows make files. They are now ready and the
modifications are:

      -	A set of new DLLs has been generated. Now only modules using the HText
	interface are outside DLLs as the HText functions must be defined by
	the application.

      -	Makefiles for both msvc 2.0 and msvc 4.0 are included in the
	distribution packages for the Line Mode browser and the Library.

Yoy can as usual get the distribution packages from

	http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Distribution.html

However, I still have problems on Windows 95, actually both under msvc 2.0 and
msvc 4.0. Under 2.0, I can't get a window widget and in 4.0 I still have the
problem that I mentioned the other day about a weird memory fault which
doesn't occur on any other compiler that I know of. It seems more to be a
problem with the memory manager than with the www code.

I therefore call on all windows experts to help find ing this problem! If you
find out of something then please mail it to the list so that we can get
going. It would be great if we can get on with some more exiting stuff, huh ;-?

Thanks for any input!