I did take some notes from the whiteboard discussion.  Unfortunately it was just the items listed on the whiteboard and I am quite sure I missed a few of the items near the end of the list.  I did not attempt capture the discussion around each item.  I was too busy enjoying the exchange amongst the collection of DRM experts.  My notes also did not include the diagram that Norman mentions.  Maybe this list will jog some memories

Also, I am sure others were taking notes.  For example I think Dave Parrot was taking notes, which he does very well based on my experience at the OeBF meeting in Paris.

Dave: Do you have any more to add to this list or the diagram?

Summary of suggestions for things W3C could / should do

       Trust Framework
       Signed Metadata
       Rights Language
       Do no Harm
       Requirements Study
       Seamless end-user  + content provider means to do this
       WG for Rights language
       WG for Rights messaging
       Interest Group DRM technical Protection mechanisms
       Collaboration (eg MPEG) CfP existing and planned  eg Rights language and Data Dictionary
       eg Indecs
       Architecture/Understructure (to provide Hooks, HTTP1.1R)
       Need something rapid...field in HTTP ./ HTML important step/msg
       Don't standardize copy protection
       Architecture overview, take a step back and develop a glossary Trust relationship with IETF
       Similar to P3P (and differences) and link to P3P
       Access rights
       Survey of legal aspects (respect for same)
       Library issues  (put into an IG)
       Couple access rights and Privacy rights (explore technical and legal)
       Leverage cross-sector / industry interest - identify the general technical needs  (IG or Workshop)
       Expressing Rights language ontology in RDF / XML
       Four perspectives need to be represented (business, legal, social, technical)
       Avoid exclusive focus on eyes and ears
       Consider other digital delivery networks
       Content to travel from web to storage - persistent description

       Examination of Patent issues - how patent interacts with DRM
       Allow offline use
       Complex media combinations
       XML signature effort
       Archiving and preservation of knowledge and cultural works on the Internet for future generations
       Diff. btw Mgmt of Digital Rights and Digital Mgmt of Rights
       Restate accessibility goals
       Be sure whatever is created accommodates amateur as well as professional creators
       Scope of digital rights language
       Human rights

Brad Gandee
XrML Evangelist