Subject: TPAC 2015 reminders: hotel booking, registration, ad-hoc meetings & breakout sessions
From: "Coralie Mercier" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 19:04:08 +0200
List-Id: <w3t.w3.org>

Dear TPAC Attendees,

We are sending the following reminders on hotel booking, registration,  
ad-hoc meetings and breakout sessions, as TPAC 2015 is less than 5 weeks  
away.

Chairs, please encourage your groups to register. You may check who  
already registered:
   https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2015/registrants

Hotel booking
-------------
We advise TPAC attendees to book hotel rooms at any of the four hotels as  
soon as possible. A block booking has been made until **26 September  
2015**.
   http://www.w3.org/2015/10/TPAC/Overview.html#hotels

After that date, the room block will be released and the bookings will be  
possible upon hotel availability. The negotiated fares will not be  
guaranteed anymore. Please note that some nights at Renaissance are  
already sold out.

**Important Notice**
The Hotel Monterey Edelhof Sapporo just advised us that they are going to  
have a temporary power outage at 25:00-28:00 on Monday 26 October as well  
as influencing water supply at 24:30-29:00.

Please contact Rakuten Travel if you encounter any issues on booking  
hotels.

  Rakuten Travel English Reservation Hotline: +81-50-2017-8977
  Email: <[email-masked]>
  Business Hours: 10:00-18:00 JST (closed: Sat, Sun, Holidays)

TPAC registration
-----------------
Advance registration closes on 7 October 2015, 23:59 Boston Time, after  
which the fee goes up.

  -  85 USD per day until advance registration closes on 7 October
  - 170 USD per day for any UNPAID registrations as of 8 October
  - 170 USD per day for on site registration

Ad-hoc meetings & Breakout sessions
-----------------------------------
Groups have requested optional ad-hoc meeting time --a common time to  
break into parallel task forces, to allow cross-group interaction  
opportunities, and for hallway conversations. This unstructured time will  
be 15:00-18:00, all days but Wednesday, to avoid breaking up the middle of  
the day.
This is the time slot for the AC Meeting on Tuesday and Thursday, so we  
recommend that groups with participating AC Representatives plan their  
agendas in a way that enables those individuals to attend the AC Meeting.

Please, start scheduling your ad-hoc meetings :
   http://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2015/ad-hoc-meetings

Unconference/breakout is the preferred format of the Technical Plenary  
Day. That day will consist of a brief Plenary Session in the morning  
including a panel with Tim Berners-Lee, Jun Murai, and Vint Cerf that Jeff  
Jaffe will moderate; and breakout sessions.

Please, start proposing breakout sessions for the Technical Plenary Day:
   https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2015/SessionIdeas

Thank you.

Coralie Mercier
Acting Head of W3C Marketing & Communications

-- 
Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Marketing & Communications -  http://www.w3.org
mailto:[email-masked] +336 4322 0001 http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/