Re: Representation of a secondary resource?

Dan,

thanks for the reply. Most of it satisfies me, with one exception.

Section 3.1.1 linked below mentions neither fragment IDs nor secondary
resources, but in HTTP the fragment ID is not a part of the URI used in
the HTTP request. Currently, there is no space in the eight points in
3.1.1 where fragment ID would be handled.

It could be a part of point 8, but it currently says the agent
interprets the representation, with no apparent room for generating out
of that a representation of the secondary resource, according to the
fragment handling described by the media type etc.

So currently section 3.1.1 basically implies that secondary resources
don't have representations, at least in HTTP. Whatever the position of
the TAG on this, it should be mentioned explicitly in 3.1.1.

Best regards,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   Ph.D. student researcher
                   Digital Enterprise Research Institute, Innsbruck
                   http://www.deri.org/