Re: AWWW last call comments (4.5.5 qname mapping)

On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 09:12, Jacek Kopecky wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> here are my comments on the Last Call working draft of the AWWW
> document.

Thanks for the careful read!

>  The comments are divided into editorial and "probably more
> substantial" below. Overall, I have to congratulate on the readability
> of the document.
>
> Every comment starts with the section number where it applies.

which helps a lot... we started looking at comments by section
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2003/lc1209/webarchWithIssues.html

> Editorial issues:
> =================

[... I expect Ian, as editor, to get back to you on these...]

> Issues that are probably more than editorial:
[...]

We happened to be going backward thru the document, so we
discussed this comment first:

> 4.5.6 this section lacks a conclusion, any kind of statement on what
> should/should not be used. Or words that at the moment there is no
> conclusion.

and several of us were sympathetic to that; we made some suggestions
to the editor. I hope you'll hear from him soon.

But then we looked at this one:

> 4.5.5 below the Good Practice: QName Mapping - the section (or some
> other) should probably say more on the interaction of QName Mapping,
> fragment identifiers in XML (4.5.8) commonly used for this mapping and
> namespace documents (4.5.4)

and we didn't really know what to make of it.

Could you please elaborate or clarify?

>                    Jacek Kopecky

[full text of the original comment is available at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webarch-comments/2004Feb/0030.html ]

see you at the WWW2004 in NY 17-22 May?