Re: On a possible role for the applications and demos task force

I agree with Brian - the ADTF should provide simple apps that are easily
adaptable for end users, and moreover should be based on 'best practice'
principles (/examples) developed by the other TF's.

But just to elaborate on that, I feel average web users would be more
comfortable adopting semweb practices, when they see good, complete
working examples in place. Most semweb tools today focus on the pieces
(ontology editors, markup tools, RDF stores, reasoners etc) but there are
very few that provide a framework to tie these together to
construct something more meaningful and productive. I think we should move
towards such a flexible framework (a plugin or service-oriented
architecture) and provide some sample apps within this framework (such as
an image based semantic search, maybe I'm getting carried away:) to
basically demonstrate the true potential of the semantic web (by
presenting the larger picture) to novices..

just an idea to throw out there..

-Aditya