Re: ALL: agenda 18 March telecon [telecon times]

At 02:28 PM 3/17/2004 -0500, Libby Miller wrote:
>On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
>> Christopher Welty wrote:
>>
>> > The decision was to try this time for two months and see how it works.

Another wrinkle on timezones:

After today's telecon but before the next one (1 April, assuming the
bi-weekly schedule), Europe will move its clocks forward one hour
(28 March).  The US moves its clocks after that telecon (4 April).

If the basis for our telecon is UTC then the time of the 1 April call
would be 1600 UTC London.  We can revert to the relative time we
currently have by changing to 1400 UTC for the 15 April and
subsequent telecons.  This means that anyone working on Japan
time (who don't move their clocks) will enjoy the telecon _ending_
at midnight rather than starting at that time.

-Ralph