RE: TMAP : Action : Draft message to ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34/WG3

Jeremy

> stylistically this is more formal than I would have made it, but
> that's no big deal ...

Well, I'm also usually far less formal than that, but I thought that was
the place for being formal, since it was a organization-to-organization
communication.

> I am not entirely comfortable with the word 'endorsed' used twice - I am
> not at all sure that any of our WG Notes constitute endorsement
> by the W3C.

OK. Forgive the vocabulary flaws of the author : neither native
english-speaker, nor background in legal vocabulary (just checked
dictionary to figure that "endorse" had a stronger meaning than I thought)

> My understanding is that the Rec track process is for that.
>
> Suggest the following changes:
>
> 1) delete sentence
>
> [[
> But this work has never been endorsed by any of relevant standard
> organizations (W3C and ISO).
> ]]
>
> (Or alternatively replace 'endorsed' by 'followed through')

Agreed, but I would stick to the latter.

> 2) modify
> [[
>   endorsed by both W3C and ISO.
> ]]
> [[
>    potentially jointly published by both W3C and ISO.
> ]]

Agreed again

Bernard

http://www.idealliance.org/europe/04/call/xmlpapers/03-03-03.91/.03-03-03.h