Do you have a copy of their SfN presentation?

Maryann or her grad student Stephen Larson who is working directly on SAO development would be able to provide the definitive answer to your request.

As to your statement regarding its use, I completely agree.  It would also be useful to speak with Stephen to find out whether they have talked with the GO developers regarding alignment with the GO-CellularComponent subsumptive trunk, which I believe is being refactored to bring it more in line with OBO Foundry recommendations. There are also other ontologies and classification schemes covering macromolecular complexes.  Stephen may have some suggestions on how to integrate those, as well.

Finally, I believe Stephen may have valuable suggestions regarding the use of Rule-based formalisms to represent the more complex subcellular component relations.

Cheers,
Bill

On Jan 11, 2007, at 10:42 AM, Donald Doherty wrote:

Hi Bill,

At Neurosciences Maryann Martone talked about her ontology being nearly ready for public consumption. (I forgot the name of her ontology.) It sounded like it would be very helpful in situations like describing distributions or receptors on a cell, locations of various processes in a cell, etc.

Am I correct on the types of uses it’s meant for? Is there any news on the ontology’s availability?

Don